Senior Social Media Account Manager
Eight Clients is a social media agency based in Melbourne (ish) but you can be based anywhere in the world. We’re a flexible working agency so you can work hours and locations that suit you. Our vision is to build a company where we all love what we do. For that reason, we aim to pair passionate professionals with brands they love. We pride ourselves on an environment that’s based on mutual respect, accountability and passion. We eagerly seek diversity of background and skillset and are focused on the alignment of attitude and energy.
- We are optimistic – being positive is cool
- We are all weird – your views and background add value to our work
- We work as a team – here to help you
- We make stuff happen – proactive and business savvy
Eight Clients is currently seeking a social media specialist who is a gun at the technical level while thriving on building strong client relationships.
The purpose of the Senior Social Media Specialist role is to effectively coordinate, execute and manage all social media marketing (organic & paid) activities for our larger, more sophisticated clients, and nurture the client relationship. You will completely own your book of clients from strategy to execution. You will be creative, organised, innovative and personable in order to develop cutting-edge strategies and nurture successful client relationships, leading to increased client revenue. Typical tasks include creating strategies and social media content plans, copywriting for your client’s posts, understanding client needs and writing proposals, creating/editing social media posts, editing images/movies/animations/GIFs, briefing freelancers on creatives/copy/imagery, meeting with clients, reporting, arranging and managing photoshoots.
You’re a great writer and have lots of content ideas. Agency experience is a huge bonus. You’re excited about working in a growing agency where your ideas matter and you can shape your own path. We value ideas, passion, and drive. Our people come from a range of backgrounds: big-shot ad agencies, crisis management, site-specific theatre, photography, one of them wrote an honours thesis on #foodstagram, another one is famous in Germany. You get the picture.
- Min 2 years experience managing business Facebook/Instagram accounts.
- Proficient in Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics.
- Is across the latest developments in the Social Media space, including new functionality, across all ad units and guideline changes to Facebook/Instagram. Proactively seeks new social media opportunities to offer clients and achieve their goals.
- Can create social media strategies tailored to businesses objectives, tone of voice, content pillars and customer personas.
- Previous client management experience is essential. You are polite, professional and proactive. You respond in a timely manner and are accountable for all work.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Understands the data in all Google Analytics/Facebook Business Manager reports, and other analytics platforms, in order to provide sophisticated insights for clients. Including but not limited to attribution, funnels, audiences/demographics, devices. Can create insightful client-facing reports from this data that speak to clients business goals.
- Copywriting skills and demonstrated experience
- Creative thinking. Ability to become a bottomless well of ideas for your clients
- Can manage projects to time and budget constraints while remaining on-brief
- Can independently troubleshoot and problem solve
- Can identify opportunities to grow client accounts and is able to create proposals using pre-approved pricing.
- Desired: Agency experience
- Desired: Google Tag Manager experience
- Desired: Proficient with CMS platforms including WordPress and Shopify
Our agency manages Instagram and Facebook ads training courses, which you will have full access to as you learn how to use social media and create content to grow your client’s accounts.
We work with brands we like around the world. We’re very specific with who we work with to ensure we delight our clients. How to apply: please apply via email.
Please address these points:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a client services / account management role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?